Update | May 29, 2020
OUR DOORS MAY STILL BE CLOSED, BUT WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD....
We want to give you a friendly reminder that the facilities & trails at Whiteface and the Lake Placid Olympic Sites remain closed. Thank you for continuing to follow official guidelines to keep yourself and others healthy. We are looking forward to reopening as soon as it is safe to do so and will post updates about our schedule and activities as they become available. The Whiteface and Lake Placid Olympic Sites teams are gearing up and can't wait to see you soon!
Update | May 26, 2020
Whiteface and all summer operations remain closed due to the Covid-19 restrictions. There are no restrooms or other public facilities available.
Update | May 21, 2020
Whiteface and all of our summer operations and activities remain closed, including Memorial Day weekend. Summer is almost here, the weather is turning warmer, and we wanted to reach out to you with some information on our region's phased re-opening. Whiteface is working to ensure everyone has as safe an experience as possible as we move through the New York Forward phases.
Our region is currently evaluating how an increase of guests looking to explore all the Adirondacks has to offer will affect everyone going into summer. We are waiting on direction from both the state and our regional representatives for guidance as we move forward. Whiteface and all our Olympic Venues look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Thank you for continuing to follow the recent public health guidance:
• Use social distancing, stay 6' from another person.
• Wear face masks in public places when physical distancing is not possible.
• No large gatherings; keep your outings to your immediate family and house mates.
• Be diligent with hand washing and minimize touching of surfaces.
• Be respectful of the others around you by following instructions.
Update | May 14, 2020
We'll be here! Whiteface knows the past months have been long and uncertain, we understand you have been waiting to get outside and enjoy all our region has to offer. While this first phase does not pertain to opening summer operations it is a step in the right direction as we continue to prepare for summer here in the Olympic Region. As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials. Whiteface and all our Olympic Venues look forward to welcoming you back soon!
We look forward to seeing you again soon | May 7, 2020
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy. We are looking ahead, while following current guidelines and keeping operations on pause. A few notes are posted below.
• Although we are not currently offering any recreational activities, we look forward to sharing information about our schedule as it becomes available.
• We ask that in the interest of everyone's health, to not visit Whiteface or any of our Olympic Sites at this time.
• We are working on a procedure for you to safely retrieve belongings from seasonal lockers which will be posted here soon.
• Our Guest Services offices is handling all inquiries via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
Whiteface and all our Olympic Venues look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Goggles for Docs | April 1, 2020
We are thrilled to be participating in the GogglesForDocs initiative. GogglesForDocs is an effort to get used or new ski goggles into the hands of healthcare workers who currently have no eye protection as they treat COVID-19 patients.
If you are a local skier/rider, shop, or manufacturer and have goggles to donate, we have placed donation boxes at the Whiteface Visitors Bureau (5753 Route 86, Wilmington, NY 12997) & the Olympic Center Box office (2634 Main Street, Lake Placid, NY 12946).
Or visit https://www.gogglesfordocs.com/
health & safety responses at whiteface mountain | March 19, 2020
Whiteface Mountain has suspended operations until further notice. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone's cooperation as we all do our part to get through this difficult time together. A few notes are posted below, and as we learn more, we will update this page:
- Our customer/guest services offices are not presently staffed. For questions or any further assistance, please complete a Contact Us form here and we will respond via email in a timely manner.
- Unfortunately public is not permitted at any of the Olympic Sites venues. Please note that the access road entry gates are locked at the venues.
- Uphill skiing and snowshoeing at Whiteface Mountain are not permitted.
- As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
- Many our guests have personal equipment stored in rental lockers and we want you to know that your gear is still in place and your belongings are here. We will update you when a procedure can be put in place for you to pick up your equipment. If you have questions and concerns, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding as this situation continues to evolve, and stay safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you again after things improve.
Update | March 18, 2020 | 10:00am
As you may know, Whiteface Mountain is closed to the public and is not accessible for any recreational activities. Whiteface will not be accessible to the general public. Please understand that we are receiving higher than normal communication volume and have limited staff, email is currently the best form of communication. Your e-mail will be answered in the order it is received, so please give us at least 24 hours to respond.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as this situation continues to evolve.
Update | March 15, 2020 | 1:00pm
ORDA Suspends Operations of Ski Resorts
& Lake Placid Olympic Venues
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. --- The New York State Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) managed ski areas and all its venues will suspend operation at the close of today, Sunday, March 15.
Closures include all Nordic and Alpine ski resorts; Mt. Van Hoevenberg, Belleayre Mountain Ski Resort, Gore Mountain and Whiteface Mountain.
Additionally, the Lake Placid Olympic sites will be closing; Olympic Jumping Complex, Olympic Sports Complex, The Olympic Oval and The Olympic Center including its museum and retail shops.
ORDA and our ski resorts understand that many of our guests have purchased advanced lift tickets. If you have pre-purchased lift tickets please contact Whiteface Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-946-2223 with any questions or concerns. www.whiteface.com; www.goremountain.com; www.belleayre.com
Additionally, the Lake Placid Olympic venue information, including the Mt Van Hoevenberg Nordic center can be found at www.lakeplacidolympicsites.com
ORDA Suspends Operations of Ski Resorts & Lake Placid Olympic Venues including all Uphill travel
*Please note: Uphill travel is CLOSED at Whiteface for the season.
Whiteface is currently closed. With the cessation of mountain operations, Whiteface Mountain will no longer be patrolled for potential hazards. Accordingly, no further uphill travel for the purpose of downhill skiing and riding will be permitted at Whiteface Mountain Ski Area. We thank you for a great season and look forward to seeing you when Whiteface opens for the summer season.
Health & Safety Responses at Whiteface Mountain | March 12, 2020
Thank you for being a guest of Whiteface Mountain. As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as this situation continues to evolve.