Info for Parents
To ensure that your child has the best experience possible at Whiteface, please use the following important information in preparing for your visit to the mountain! To help in speeding up the Registration process on your arrival day, please print and complete the Bear Den Registration Form prior to arrival and bring with you to the Reservations/Tickets area. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions at (518) 946-2223 (option 3) or via email.
Important Program Information
- Please plan accordingly and allow adequate time for rentals, registration paperwork and check-in. Late arrival and check-in may result in denial of enrollment into the program for that day.
- Kids Lesson & Program times may include organization time, rest periods, cold weather breaks, and/or play time, depending on the needs of the group. If a child refuses to participate in the program, the child will be allowed to remain indoors or a parent will be contacted.
- You will receive a numbered tag that corresponds with the number your child is assigned. You must present the tag when you pick up your child. It is your responsibility to give the tag to whoever is going to pick up your child. If the tag is lost, children will only be released to their legal guardian with proper photo ID.
- All children's programs have been structured according to age-appropriate activities. Please do not try to place your child in a program that is not designed for his/her age group.
- Please evaluate your child's skiing or snowboarding skills realistically, and remember that Whiteface offers many terrain challenges. If your child is unable to perform at his/her lesson or program level, Whiteface staff reserves the right to move your child to the more appropriate group.
- Please notify Whiteface Bear Den Mountain staff regarding any special needs your child may have, including food allergies, dislikes, and any physical or medical considerations. Please detail all information on registration forms.
- Whiteface staff will not administer medications. If your child requires medication during the time he/she is at Bear Den Lodge, it is the parent's responsibility to administer the medication.
- A parent must remain at the mountain if a child is enrolled in any Bear Den Mountain lessons or programs.
- Should an emergency arise, parents' names will be put on the chalkboards at the base of every lift, and announcements will be made regularly.
- All children must be picked up no later then 4:00 pm from all programs.
- Please be advised, cell phone service is limited on the mountain.
- Proof of your child's age may be required upon check-in. Please label all belongings.
What to Bring
Please use the following list as a guide for what to bring for all skiing and snowboarding Bear Den lessons and programs. Be sure to label all belongings. If your child is enrolled in multiple program days, bring their boots inside each night to dry out and warm up to ensure they start out each day on the right foot!
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Helmet (all rental packages include helmets)
- Wind/waterproof jacket
- Wind/waterproof snow pants
- Long underwear top and bottom
- Waterproof mittens or gloves
- Wool/synthetic ski or snowboard socks (no cotton socks)
- Neck warmer
- Ski or snowboard boots (available for rental)
- Skis or snowboard (available for rental)
- Poles (available for rental; intermediate to advanced skiers only)
- Lift Ticket(s) or Season Pass(es) (available for purchase at Bear Den Mountain Lodge or in advance online)
Lift tickets are included in the cost of the following Bear Den Programs: Play-n-Ski, Riglet Park, and Junior Adventure. Future Medalist and Cloudsplitter Club are both season-long programs that include a Season Pass valid at Whiteface, Gore, and Belleayre with purchase. Season Passes are also available for the Cub Camp and Play-n-Ski programs.
Lift tickets are NOT included in the cost of any of our Private Lessons or Cub Camp (non-skiing) day programs. You may purchase your lift ticket(s) in advance online or in person at Bear Den Mountain Lodge. Children ages 6 and under ski for free, but still must go to the ticket window at Bear Den Mountain Lodge to receive a lift ticket. For guests planning on skiing exclusively at Bear Den Mountain, we offer 1-day window tickets at the following rates, valid for Bunny Hutch Lift and Cub Carpet.
|Age||Valid Dates||Day Rate|
|Junior (ages 7-12)||Sunday - Friday, non-holiday||$32|
|Teen / Adult / Senior (ages 13-69)||Sunday - Friday, non-holiday||$42|
|Bear Den Mountain Lift Tickets are valid for Bunny Hutch Lift and Cub Carpet lift access only. Ages 6 & under ski FREE (with full lift access), but must pick up valid lift ticket at any Whiteface ticket window.|
Ski and snowboard rentals may be purchased at either of our two Rossignol experience Centers located in the Whiteface Base Lodge and Bear Den Mountain Lodge. Rentals may be purchased as part of a lesson package for any of our half day and full day programs, including Play-n-Ski, Riglet Park, and Junior Adventure. All rental packages include a helmet.
For Private Lessons, rentals must be purchased separately. If purchasing rentals separately (i.e. not as part of a lesson package), please find rental rates for Juniors below.