viessmann World Cup Luge
December 14-16, 2018 | Olympic Sports Complex
The Viessmann Luge World Cup returns to Lake Placid! The luge competition consists of four events; men's singles, women's singles, doubles and a sprint event. Come out and cheer on Team USA, including a special goodbye to Erin Hamlin, a four-time Olympian and 2014 Olympic Bronze Medalist who retired at the end of last year and ORDA sponsored athlete Olympian and bronze medalist Chris Mazdzer.
December 14, 2018
- 10:00 am - Nation's Cup (Men, Women, Doubles)
- Medal Ceremony immediately following
world cup opening celebration (Mids Park on Main Street)
- 6:45 pm - World Cup Opening Celebration
Join us for a special tribute to Erin Hamlin and Chris Mazdzer, concluding with fireworks. Bring a non perishable food item for the Lake Placid Ecumenical Food Pantry and receive a free one day ticket to the World Cup good Saturday or Sunday.
December 15, 2018
- 9:00 am - Men's 1st Run
- 10:35 am - Men's 2nd Run
- 12:00 pm - Erin Hamlin Ceremonial Last Run
- 12:15 pm - Doubles 1st Run
- 1:50 pm - Doubles 2nd Run
- Men's & Doubles Medal Ceremony immediately following
Prior to the doubles race, two-time World Champion, 2014 Olympic bronze medalist and 2018 Olympic Team flag bearer Erin Hamlin will take her ceremonial last run down the track. After race - The Running of the Balls, a Team USA Luge fundraiser: The Running of the Balls.
December 16, 2018
- 8:30 am - Women's 1st Run
- 9:55 am - Women's 2nd Run
- 12:00 pm - Sprint Men's
- 12:45 pm - Sprint Doubles
- 1:20 pm - Sprint Women's
- Women's & Sprint Medal Ceremony immediately following