Rediscover the greatest ski experience in the East
What if you discovered a brand new ski resort with the greatest vertical of any lift-serviced mountain in the Northeast, with mile after mile of impeccably groomed cruising trails, 98% snowmaking coverage, a 5-star ski and snowboard school and diverse, amenity-rich ski towns surrounding it?
Rediscover Whiteface, home to the very best ski experiences the East has to offer. Simply put, Whiteface offers more of everything: more snowmaking, more inspiring expert terrain, more long, rolling groomers, including the longest single intermediate run in the Northeast, the 2.1-mile long Wilmington Trail; more learning, more adventure, more fun, more off-mountain attractions you can't find anywhere else, such as bobsledding down an Olympic track or groomed Nordic skiing or strolling through the lakeside Olympic village. And, more hotel and dining options than you'll find in any hamlet in southern Vermont.
In the summertime, you'll find great activities and adventures for the whole family at Whiteface, from the Adventure Zone and Downhill Mountain Biking to scenic Cloudsplitter Gondola Rides and 4x4 Alpine Expeditions. In the fall, take a drive up the Veterans' Memorial Highway for breathtaking views of Adirondack fall foliage, and be sure to save the date for our famous Oktoberfest at Whiteface on Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1!
- Base Elevation: 1,220'
- Little Whiteface Elevation: 3,676'
- Lookout Mountain Elevation: 4,000'
- Highest Lift Terminus: 4,386'
- Highest Skiable Terrain: the Slides at 4,650'
- Peak Elevation: 4,867'
Mountain Vertical Drop
- 3,430 feet - The greatest vertical drop in the East!
- 3,166 feet - Lift services vertical drop
Number of Trails & Skiable Acres
- Total number of trails: 87
- Total distance of skiing and riding: over 22 miles!
- Longest run on Whiteface: Wilmington Trail at 2.1 miles
- 288 skiable acres including:
- 35 acres of in-bounds, off-piste double-black diamond wilderness terrain skiing on The Slides (conditions permitting)
- 53 acres of glades skiing
Terrain & Snowmaking
- Terrain by ability:
- 38% Expert
- 42% Intermediate
- 20% Beginner
- 99% snowmaking coverage using 335 snow guns and 40 miles of pipe (excluding the Glades and the Slides)
- 1 eight-passenger gondola
- 1 high-speed detachable quad
- 1 fixed quad
- 2 triples
- 5 doubles
- 1 conveyor lift
|2016 - 2017||281''|
|2015 - 2016||109''|
|2014 - 2015||170''|
|2013 - 2014||189''|
|2012 - 2013||
|2011 - 2012||129''|
|2010 - 2011||247''|
|2009 - 2010||172''|
|2008 - 2009||185''|
|2007 - 2008||255''|
|2006 - 2007||263''|
|2005 - 2006||202''|