Children Ski and Snowboard Lessons
Bringing the family to Whiteface? Make our Kids Kampus your first stop. With nearby parking and one-stop shopping for lift tickets, lessons and rentals, we make it easy for everyone in the family to enjoy a great day at the mountain. The Bunny Hutch chair lift connects Kids Kampus to the rest of the mountain, and a shuttle service runs to and from the newly constructed, state-of-the-art Kids Kampus Lodge all day.
Mirical Moments Photography
View and purchase your photos online
Children ages 12 and under participating in Whiteface Snowsports School programs are required to wear helmets. All rental packages include helmets. For more information on helmet safety visit Lids on Kids.
- Lip protection
- Goggles or Sunglasses
- Jacket (wind/waterproof)
- Snow pants (wind/waterproof)
- Long underwear top and bottom
- Waterproof mittens or gloves
- Ski/snowboard socks (no cotton socks please)
- Neck warmer (for colder days)
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Skis or snowboard
- Poles (intermediate to advanced skiers only)
- Lift ticket or pass
- Please label all belongings
Notes for Parents
- Children ages 12 and under participating in Whiteface Snowsports School programs are required to wear helmets. All rental packages include helmets.
- Please allow adequate time for registration paperwork and check-in.
- Late arrival and check-in may result in denial of enrollment into the program for that day. Please plan accordingly. Remember to leave enough time to get rentals before you register.
- Children's lesson times may include organization time, rest periods, cold weather breaks, or playtime depending on the need of the group. If a child refuses to participate in the program, the child will be allowed to remain indoors or a parent will be contacted.
- You will receive a numbered tag that corresponds with the number your child is assigned. You must present the tag when you pick up your child. It is your responsibility to give the tag to whoever is going to pick up your child. If the tag is lost, children will only be released to their legal guardian with proper photo ID.
- All children's programs have been structured according to age-appropriate activities. Please do not try to place your child in a program that is not designed for his/her age group.
- Please evaluate your child's skiing or snowboarding skills realistically. Whiteface offers terrain challenges. If your child is unable to perform at his/her class level, Whiteface staff reserves the right to move your child to the appropriate level.
- Please notify Whiteface Kids Kampus staff regarding any special needs your child may have. Please include food allergies, dislikes, physical or medical considerations. Please detail all information on registration forms.
- Whiteface staff will not administer medications. If your child requires medication during the time he/she is at Kids Kampus, it is the parent's responsibility to administer the medication.
- A parent must remain at the mountain if a child is enrolled in Kids Kampus.
- Should an emergency arise, parents names will be put on chalkboards at the base of every lift and announcements will be made regularly. For our Play-n-Ski Program (ages 4-6) parents will be issued a pager for emergency purposes.
- Children in the Junior Adventure program (ages 7-12) may need to ride chairlifts with other members of the skiing public, Whiteface staff or with other children in their group.
- Children in the Play-n-Ski program (ages 4-6) are required to ride chairlifts with an adult. In order to accommodate group lessons, children may need to ride chairlifts with other members of the skiing public.
- All children must be picked up no later then 4:00 p.m. from all programs.
- Please refer to our Mountain Checklist to insure your child brings the appropriate clothing.
- Please be advised, cell phone service is limited on the mountain.
- Children must be 1 year old and walking to be enrolled in the nursery. Parents will be issued a pager for emergency purposes.
- Proof of your child's age may be required upon check-in. Please label all belongings.
- To make sure your child's day starts out right, bring their boots inside at night to dry out and warm up