- Seasonal Information
Olympic Jumping Complex
At the Olympic Jumping Complex, you'll see up close, the ramp that ski jumpers launch themselves from before flying over the length of a football field. Ride the chairlift up to the base of the towers. From there, take the glass enclosed elevator to the observation deck of the K-120 meter jump. At the top you will find a panoramic view of the Adirondack High Peaks as you stroll through the ski jumpers preparation room. Then get a bird's eye view of what the jumpers see as they start to accelerate towards the end of the ramp. This activity and many others are FREE with your Olympic Sites Passport!
|Adult | Teen||$11|
|Junior | Senior||$8|
|Adult | Teen (Event Day)||$16|
|Junior | Senior (Event Day)||$10|
- Olympic Jumping Complex | View Map
- Dates: December 14 – March 23 | Check Calendar for Availability
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Olympic Jumping Complex Tour
With the help of some pretty clever technology, ski jumpers take flight throughout the summer, speeding down jumps surfaced for the season in half-cut porcelain marbles and plastic shingles and slicked by a coat of water. Come out to the Olympic Jumping Complex for a self-guided tour of the ski jumps and freestyle kickers and watch as athletes soar hundreds of feet through the warm summer air. To get their perspective on their sport, take the chairlift to the ski jumps' base, hop in the glassed-in elevator and ride to the top of the 120-meter jump. You can look out at the views—gorgeous in every direction—or look down a launch ramp that appears much longer and much steeper in person than it does on TV.
Your visit to the jumping complex includes access to the freestyle training facilities, too, getting you up close to some of the most daring athletes around. One skier after the next will speed down the hill, rocket up the ramp and pull off a flurry of twists, flips and spins directly in front of—and above—you and your family. There's no better way to see one of the Olympics' coolest sports. This activity and many others are FREE with your Olympic Sites Passport!
Behind the Scenes Tour
Join our experienced guide for a behind the scenes your of the jumping world. Enjoy an up close experience complete with a Nordic Ski Jump Exhibition. Included in the tour is a complimentary gift, a snack and a private meet & greet with the athletes. Save 20% with your Olympic Sites Passport!
- Dates: July 2 - August 30 | Wednesday - Sunday
- Times: Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays at 11:00am & 1:00pm | Wednesdays & Saturdays at 11:00am
Ready to Fly - The Movie
Women's Ski Jumping made a huge impression at the recent Winter Games. Ready to Fly documents the struggles and the joy of the road to inclusion in the Olympic Program. The proceeds from this 75 minute film will support the Lake Placid Ski Jumping program. Save 20% with your Olympic Sites Passport!
- Dates: July 1 - August 31 | Daily
- Times: 11:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm showings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays | 11:00am & 3:00pm showings on Wednesdays & Saturdays
|Behind the Scenes Tour||$15|
| Movie "Ready to Fly"||$5|
|Adult: Ages 20 - 64 | Teen: Ages 13-19 | Junior: Ages 7-12 | Senior: 65+|
- Location: Olympic Jumping Complex | View Map
- May 14 - June 20 Wednesday - Sunday (Elevator only)
- June 21 - October 19 Daily - (Chairlift & Elevator )
- Closed July 27 for Ironman
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Check Calendar for Availability