Ninety minutes of exploring the Adirondack woods will do a lot for the soul! Join one of our guides along the banks of the West Branch of the Ausable River, one of the East's great trout streams. As you pass through cool stands of hemlocks, tracing the river's zigs and zags on the Stag Brook Falls Trail, your guide will tell you all about the plants and animals around you. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for sightings of deer, turkey, and even eagles! You'll learn about the unique history of the Adirondack Park and the story of Whiteface Mountain. Your walk, suitable for hikers of all ages, ends gloriously at a rushing waterfall, with the cool Adirondack water cascading down mossy rocks and ledges—a calm, soothing scene you won't soon forget. Save 20% with your Olympic Sites Passport!
Your Nature Trek Includes
- A guided 90-minute hike led by an experienced Whiteface Moutain staff member along the West Branch of the Ausable River and down the scenic Stag Brook Falls trail
- Coupons for the J. Lohr Wine Bar & Café and Brookside Apparel, which can be used during normal hours of operation (9:30 am -5:00 pm) before or after your Nature Trek
- Due to limited hike capacity reservations are recommended; please call Whiteface at (518) 946-2223 ext. 305
- Proper footwear is required and insect repellent is advised
- Please redeem tickets at Whiteface ticket counter 10-15 minutes prior to Nature Trek start time