4x4 Alpine Expedition
With an abundance of hiking trails, many discover Whiteface Mountain on foot. For those seeking a different avenue of exploration, the 4x4 Alpine Expedition offers a personalized tour that navigates rugged mountain roads and remote forest and accesses a secluded area of the Ausable River—all with incredible views. Knowledgable guides provide information on Whiteface's natural and commercial history, as well as a firsthand view of the ski trails used in the Slalom, Giant Slalom, and Downhill events during the 1980 Olympic Winter Games. Each tour is tailored to create a memorable experience while respecting our guest's comfort level. Save 20% with your Olympic Sites Passport!
- Available for groups of up to 5 guests (participants must be at least 5 years old)
- Proper footwear required
- Insect repellent, sun block, and a camera are recommended
- One-hour 4x4 Alpine Expedition: Explore Whiteface's wilderness with a personalized tour on an all-terrain vehicle. See schedule details below.
- Two-hour 4x4 Ultimate Alpine Expedition: An expanded version of our 4x4 Alpine Expedition that will take you further up the mountain to explore the natural beauty of the Whiteface Region.
- Available by reservation only